It’s a good idea to include a provision in your operating agreement requiring you to keep the following records related to the organization and operations of Mr. LLC:
- Full name and last known mailing address of every manager and member.
- Articles of organization (amendments and restated articles).
- The LLC’s tax returns and financial statements for the last three years. If the LLC didn’t file tax returns, then copies of the information given to members to file their tax returns.
- Operating agreements and amendments, including former operating agreements.
- Minutes of meetings and evidence of voting.
All members may inspect and copy records and books for any reason. They just need to ask the manager for a copy of the record. The manager needs to promptly provide member with requested records or give member access to the record. But each member is still under a duty of confidentiality regarding the record. The operating agreement may modify these rights.